23-25 top bow question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 23-25 top bow question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

What is the width for the top bows ( between the irons in the middle ) are all three the same ? I have a set of bows that the front wood is missing / broken . Would like to replace , but will probably have to make it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Metal to metal on 23-25 tourings is #1- 34 1/2 inches,#2- 35 1/2 inches,#3 - 36 3/4 inches,#4- 36 3/4 inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Travis,

You may want to clarify if you want the information for the runabout/roadster or a touring. My guess since you said 3 bows is the runabout. I checked your profile for clarification and it has 1926 roadster pickup and 1926 Tudor listed. So neither of those fit the 1923-1925 question.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Hap , correct it is for a roadster , my dad and I are working on his TT project right now but he has a bunch of T's for us to work on ..lol , we won't live long enough to fix them all I bet , but he has a perfect and painted 25 body for a roadster and a no decent set of top bows but the front bow is missing/broken , he has no access to Internet except through me so...But I'm super happy that through the roadster pick up and Tudor we've piqued his interest and finally got him motivated to work on his projects . Still trying to convert him to no water pumps and distributors but that's going to take some time :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Travis,
There is a difference, but I haven't figured out where I put the info. It's not much, but it is there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

I have those.Will try to post tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

Hmm, I did find some handwritten notes that indicate the exposed portion of the wood center piece (between the metal bow ends) is:
#1, 36-1/4"
#2, 36-11/16"
#3, 37-3/8"

But I would wait for someone to verify that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Photo posted before on the Forum with data on lengths of '23-'25 runabout bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:52 am:

Note too that the wood is rabbeted on 3 sides only. The rivets are semi tubular truss head. A note for Jack: What year did they put the square hole in the front bow for nails?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

Larry If I am thinking correctly,that change would have been with the 23-25 bows. The metal is slightly longer on those front bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Hmm, Dan, that's the pic I have on my computer that I used for the dimensions, so we actually only have one source so far. Would appreciate another confirmation!!!
Sadly, I had an untouched set of '25 roadster bows, but they aren't now (I had a helper who decided they needed to be fixed & they are, and beautifully done, but the center wood info is gone--and he thought they should all be the same length.)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration