WTF Oil Levle Glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: WTF Oil Levle Glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Hi All From Cold In Iowa: Help! I need to find a source for the round glass cylinders to go in the replacement for the lower petcock to be able to see the Oil level. I have several with cracked glass & would like to repair them? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

John, try McMaster Carr. They have a LOT of stuff! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

John,

Use clear plastic instead. It won't break as easily. As David suggests, try McMaster Carr. I bought some there for a Model N oiler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

John,
From the Forum archives for your consideration:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/369265.html?1371946753

and
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/486858.html?1414154055

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

An alternative is the local High School Chemistry teacher.They usually have pyrex tubing and can cut you a short piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Boiler site glass is what I used in mine
Try hit miss enterprises or restoration supply
Drip oiler glass was another option depending on the outer dia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Search glass tubing on Google, tons and tons of it.

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 02:45 am:

What size do you need? I might be able to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 03:54 am:

I use an commercial air conditioning sight glass.
all brass bought a brass elbow works and looks
perfect. Any A/C service will have those. sp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Hi To Everyone From Too Cold In Iowa! Thanks to everyone for the great ideas! I am always at awe for the wealth of info that everyone here not only has, but is willing to share!!!! Thanks John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration