Any opinion - Mono Leaf Springs for speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any opinion - Mono Leaf Springs for speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

In effort to lower my A speedster, any opinion of the Mono Leaf Spring like from Speedway Motors or Summit racing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Personally I don't think they would look right. I assume there is some solution to making the clamps hold and also a way to keep them locked into the hole in the crossmember

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

That is not a mono leaf spring it is a replacement bottom leaf with reverse eyes. You still use the rest of the leafs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

The mono spring is thickist in the middle and thins out to the end and is intended to be used as just one spring with spacers at the center hole. That's my understanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 09:53 am:

There may be more knowledge/experience on modern modifications on other forums, like some hot rod community? But if the center spring clamp clamps it securely, and if you have good shock absorbers (since you'll loose the dampening from internal friction in the spring pack) and if you accept the non traditional look, then why not? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:06 am:

I would say you need add shocks to dampen it, as this what the spring pay of leave doese

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:26 am:

Ok I see how it's made with the second photo. With shocks should work. Of course with a Model A, shocks were part of the design and really are needed. There have been a few people over the years that have talked about the handling of the same car with and with out shocks and the improvement having them made.

If your not a member you might also thing about posting over on the;

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/

AKA; H.A.M.B.
Some of the guys there are into the early hot rod stuff. Even with a speedster/track type body yours would still fall into that group esp with suspension questions.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration