Does anyone know who this lowered rear end belongs to?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Does anyone know who this lowered rear end belongs to?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Friday, January 15, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Does anyone know who this lowered rear end belongs to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 01:54 am:

That looks like the setup that Clayton Padison came up with a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 05:40 am:

There were brackets available for similar ways of lowering the rear back in the day: http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/TimKnappOnLowering.pdf

Don't know who's build is shown in the picture - it isn't Clayton's roadster. It gives a lot of lowering so Clayton rebuilt his later to make the lowering adjustable with long shackles and a panhard bar.
I have built a similar bracket as pictured for my 26 roadster and may get trouble with clearance to the frame and body.. It's easier to use this method on a speedster without much body to consider :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

No this isn't Clayton's roadster, I have followed his build pretty close. I like the simplicity of the brackets and shackle in the pictures though.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration