Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Are they going to allow vendors to line up on Wednesday?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

We will either be lined up or piled up on the highway shoulder!
Don't know, so just sent an email to Mike & Susie Ersland to find out the gate entrance day and time for set up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Is anyone going into Ok City to eat at the Cattlesman Steak House?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

OK I just had a long talk with Michael Ersland. Due to the construction of the new arena on the east side of the south building, things have changed. All of the swap meet spaces on the east side of the south building are gone (probably never to return) Those vendors have been contacted and moved to the grass field on the west side of the North building, or they are trying to utilize more of the spaces on the west side of the south building. They will not be opening any of the big doors on the east side of the south building as that is a construction site. To get into the south building, we will only have the east doors and possibly the south doors in the breezeway... It is still tentative on the RV spaces. They are going to try and put all the RVs on the south side of the south building in the parking areas we have not used before. He also said that the grassy area we used to line up on Wednesday will not be available. It has been torn up and new drainage installed, and is not useable this year. (should be OK for 2017 swap meet) They are going to try and put the Thursday buyers parking south of the south building with the RVs and come in the back gate off the side road on the east side. So this year they are going to only have the Railroad parking lot to line up in, and the city is not allowing the side road to be used. (at this time) So once the railroad parking lot is full, he says people will have to stay "mobile" or wait till 4:00. He said they are still trying to figure it out and things could change, but for now that is their current plans. They are doing their very best to work with the construction. It has never been the Erslands that cause the confusion (in my personal opinion) It has always been the fair committee or the construction projects that cause the confusion ... So I still plan on being there Wednesday morning, but I may have to find somewhere to wait till 4:00. But whatever happens, I will still have fun .... :-) :-) Donnie Brown ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

I forgot to say, that Wednesday at 4:00 we will be going in the west gate by the railroad parking lot (like we used to do years ago)

(Message edited by dobro1956 on January 16, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Ain't running the show a lot of fun!?
Thank you Donnie B for trying to help get the word out.
Years ago, when I was involved with good friends that ran some shows, things the fairgrounds would do or change at the last minute were the worst! The fire marshal was a close second. I do hope the Erslands do make enough at it to keep it going. I would like to make it there some year soon.
Drive carefully all! And do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Are you saying that vendors may set up after 4:00 Wednesday afternoon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Warren, Yes, Michael Ersland said the gate will open at 4:00 PM Wednesday afternoon as usual. Its just that the vendors will go in on the west side gate by the railroad parking lot, instead of the east side like we have done the last several years. . The parking before 4:00 PM Wednesday, in the field on the east side has just been a conveience for the early arrivals. And a place to get the early arrivals off the street. As far as the Erslands are concerned, the swap meet officially starts Wednesday at 4:00 PM Wednesday for vendor set up. The early sales are not in their control. He said trying to stop early sales (before 4:00 Wednesday would be like trying to stop sales in the Wal Mart parking lot or at a gas station on the way to Chickasha. And any of the things he said could still change. The only thing pretty much for sure is at 4:00 we will be allowed thru the west gate to set up.. I tried to get my info straight from the source. But they are even still trying to figure it out and work around the construction ... But there is no doom or gloom, just a little confusion ... But no matter what the set up procedure turns out to be, I will still have a lot of fun, and I bet lots of others will too. :-) See Ya'll there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

I made a mistake in my first post. I said that the Thursday Buyers (general public) parking will be in the area south of the south building. I mistakenly said they will use the back gate off the side road on the east side. The back gate and side road are actually on the west side (same side as the railroad) I had too many directions and my brain is confused :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Donnie,Thanks for the clarification. See you in Chickasha,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Donnie

Thanks too, see you there.

As for sales outside the gate, that happens. Some like to leave the tarps on the trailers, and just kibitz with everyone. That is OK too as you can 'window shop' and see what will be inside the gates on Thursday. Some like to sell too, that is fun.

On the selling, remember that Susie told me that selling outside, while everyone was parked and waiting with entrance stickers on, indicating they had paid to swap/sell was OK with her. What was crummy she told me, was those who showed up on Wed. in the assembly area without paying for a space, and were selling stuff, and then leaving Wed. evening, using the swap meet to their advantage of having customers gathered there. I agree, as a paying swapper, that was a bit of reckless attitude by those swap meet claim jumpers :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

I'm one of the kibitzers that Dan mentions. I leave my gear tarped up on Wednesday until I get to my swap space. I visit with people until we're let in an I get parked, then I'm willing to sell stuff.

Several years ago, a well known buyer from England taught me not to open up my trailer early, when he hopped on and began tossing my stuff around like he was trying to find a little diamond in a scrap pile. A couple of parts got broken as he threw them around, but he never noticed. That's also when I instituted the "price goes up if you piss me off" plan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Eric,
Hmm, that's when you should have yelled,"Get yer bloody ars offin' me trailer!" That's real cussing in England! :-)
PS, I like your new policy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Well I re-read the first post again, and I did it again. I meant to say the only big doors we will have in the south building to use are the west doors, and possibly the south doors in the breezeway, (not the east doors) too many north, south, east, west, up and down, round and rounds for my old brain ...:-( and I proof read the post at least half a dozen times ... Oh well, see ya'll there (if I can remember how to get there)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration