OT.Learning from the auto crash test dummy.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT.Learning from the auto crash test dummy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

"What is the Third Amendment?"
Every American should listen to this dummy!
You will be smarter today than yesterday!!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F584p5kJL-U?rel=0 5 min. 19 sec
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Thank you for the history lesson reminder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Eugene thanks. Are founding fathers were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:48 am:

-Gene-
Thank you! All too often, too many things are taken for granted. A 'Reminder' sure doesn't hurt...
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:58 am:

I think without a complete understanding of all 10 amendments you should not be allowed to vote! JMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

I think the founding fathers were extremely intelligent, and well educated.
It is modern people I have problems with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

I have no doubt but that they were inspired from above. Most of them studied the Bible and included Jesus Christ in their writings.

Then this happens,
In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the

University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the

Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always

Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent

Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until

The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous

Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority

Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from

The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally

Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a

Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the

Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200

Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage."

The Obituary follows:

" United States of America ", Born 1776, Died 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

No less important is the 14th Amendment. It's the one that keeps the states and local governments from picking and choosing the rights granted to it's citizenry. I wonder how some cities and states get away with denying the Bill of Rights to it's residents? Specifically, the 2nd Amendment.

Just goes to show you how diluted the Constitution has become. We are already a nation of dependents. Bondage is next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Is this the place for this????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

It's labeled OT and so is OK as long as it continues to stay civil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:52 am:

I have heard it said that we are living in Post-Constitutional America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:34 am:

Our model Ts, will in the future, need a world more like the one that we grew up in in order for them to have people willing and able to keep and care for them.
Sadly, I fear it may not come to be.
I think that model T people are among the few that really "get it" anymore.
So yes, this belongs here. Just keep it civil.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration