OT - SORT OF: HOW CAN YOU POST PICTURES FROM AN iPad / iPhone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - SORT OF: HOW CAN YOU POST PICTURES FROM AN iPad / iPhone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:23 am:

For those more techno savvy could you please explain if this can be done and how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:26 am:

I tried posting pictures from my tablet and couldn't figure it out either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I use a free app called Simple Resize to first shrink the pics to meet the forum limits, then do every other step exactly as I would on my laptop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Exactly what Tim said. I find that posting pics from my phone is easier than from my laptop cause I can take the picture with my phone, resize it, and then post it. All without having to transfer it to another device.

Get the Simple Resize app. When you open it, touch "Photo" and then select the picture from your phone/tablets pictures (one that you took or saved) and then touch the "640" button on the slider. I've found that the size it creates there is always plenty big but under the forum limits. What this app does is create a second picture just like the original but smaller in kilobytes.

On the T forum page then click "Upload attachment" and follow the steps to select that new smaller picture you made. It'll post the code in the text box just like when you do it from a computer.

One note: when you hit "preview/post message" all of your pictures you're trying to post might not show up. That's ok, they're there, just make sure you have whatever you want to say correct and all of the pics will show up on the forum when you hit post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Ok you guys are my heroes, just posted a picture of a 5 ball air intake in the classifieds the only issue I had it showed the other things beside the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

\image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Seth could you post pictures of how you hung your fenders front and back, that is a dandy. By the way wouldn't all you need is the 26/7 rear axle casings and just take your internals from your present rear axle to the new housings, may know a guy in Hot Coffee that could help you out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

I think he just nailed the fender to each tire :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Sent you a PM about the rear end swap. I'll take some pictures of my brackets that I made for the fenders. I'm hoping my wife and family are going to get those babies brass plated for my birthday next month. They're gonna look super cool that way.

Ken Kopsky made those fenders for me from scratch. They're inspired by the fenders that came with a Mercury speedster body kit. He did an awesome job with them. HAHAHA they were a pain in the neck to make cause the radius is so small so he might not want to make another set. But I couldn't be more impressed with his work on these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

I, too would like to see those brackets up close, living in rain country. Thanks Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Ken just sent me the naked fenders and I had to make the brackets that I welded to the fender itself.

I wanted to keep both the fenders themselves and the brackets removable. The only thing I added to the car itself were these two tabs welded onto the spindle.

I started out with just the big solid rod and only 2 mounting points. The fender flopped around all over the place. I kept adding the 1/4" rods and finally the third middle mounting point and it really firmed up. They're not rock hard still, but it takes a big bump to make them jiggle at all. I went with 3/4" of an inch clearance. I still felt like the front of the fenders were moving too much so I added some 1/4" rod to the fender itself to stiffen it up.

For the rears I only went with 3 mounting points and they're rock solid, zero movement or jiggling even on big bumps

The front bracket holds onto the radius rod.

The center bracket bolts on top of the radius rod bolts. I changed the bolts out to accommodate the brackets. I already needed a longer bolt on the bottom for my AC brakes.

The rear brackets bolt to my AC brake brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Overall I was really pleased both with the fenders themselves and with how they ended up looking on the car. Once I get them brass plated to match the rest of the car I think it'll look really cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Sweet ride, Seth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Thank you Bill, she's getting there. Slowly but surely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

I downloaded the app. Let's see if it works:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Finally! I can post photos directly from my phone or iPad. It's a whole new world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Hey, that was pretty darn quick. I like yellow speedsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Heck yeah Mike!

YFAF: Yellow Fords are Faster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks for the "flowers", Seth. Yeah, those fenders were a challenge with the tall crown and close radius. Big fenders are much easier. :-)

Can't wait to see them in brass.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration