Suggestion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Suggestion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:35 am:

When replying to posts using the "Click Here" feature in a posters "Profile" it would be great if you also included your complete name so the email receiver is able to identify who you are. Your Forum "Handle" is not enough to identify who an email is being received from and the email address "Chrisnoreply" doesn't help much either.
I get many replies to Classifieds posts and in many cases have no idea who I am communicating with?
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

That's not a bad idea, but you can quickly find out who it is by clicking on that posters profile, it's always about half way down the email you get. I'm assuming you are talking about when posters send a PM reply....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Tim
Many posters have not included their first and last name in their profile.
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

I'll add this. I've also received PM's in answer to older postings. The sender doesn't make direct reference to those postings and, since some time has elapsed, I have no idea what the comments are in reference to. Be specific about what topic you're commenting on when PM'ing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Oh yeah Ron! LOL...never gave that a thought! Sure glad someone's on the ball!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

What I would like to see is that in the profile it would show the location of the person. Mine show's Redding, Ca. and other the name and and a bit of details.
Ron's shows his town, Tim show's it, Jerry show the state so that is what I like to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

Some folks want to keep their location secret so none of us can track them down and punch them in the snoot. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration