New guy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New guy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:48 am:

I have been watching and learning on this forum for a few months now trying to absorb all the info I can. I have a 25 t pickup that I have been working on when I can, going though the rear end now and waiting on parts, anyway I just wanted to say hello and thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Welcome! Can you post a few pictures of your pickup?

If you've been following the forum, then you know that there is a file size limit of 250K (better to stay under 245K for margin) per pic. You can use the program "Paint" to resize your pictures if their file size is too big.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:05 am:

I will share a pic or two if I figure it out, not very computer savvy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:16 am:

Roger judging from your profile picture you have a fantastic start on having a fun time. Welcome.
PS there is another T in your future, trust me.ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:54 am:

John, Why is it that some people can fall into a big hole and float out and smell like a big batch of ROSES?
Welcome
Roger and enjoy the ride.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:58 am:

A few pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Bill ain't it the truth, only thing that could be worse is that the pickup bed tailgate doesn't have Ford stamped on it.
23/5 Ford pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

I think it is a early 25, but the tailgate dose say ford. you cant have it all. The engine # is 11041398.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Roger, you've been with us awhile but I'll post this in case you haven't seen it. http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

You might also pick up some useful Model T info in Hutch next weekend: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/593684.html?1449928114.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Roger,
Wow, your '25 makes my Barney look like a junkyard dog! Very nice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Thanks everyone, I am new to the T's so I may have a few dumb questions. First question i've only seen a few T's with front finder braces, was that an option or something someone just made??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Roger,
The Flatland T's Chapter of the MTFCA is in your area. We have members from McPherson and other points in central Kansas. Shortly, we will be having a "work day" on T transmissions and then a Field Day in May with some fun and games for all. Our Chapter likes to help each other out with our projects and we have quite a few younger members thanks to the nearby McPherson College!
Verne Shirk - Flatland T's newsletter editor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Front fender braces were not factory options. Several different styles can be found. Some are more popular than others. If you go to www.books.google.com and look around in old automotive periodicals from the late teen's and 20'S you might find the ones you have. In the mean time, you'll probably have fun looking at all of the other various accessories available for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Those fender braces weren't a Ford product. I assume they were available commercially, but most of the ones I've seen looked home made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Verne thanks, I work in McPherson and my oldest Daughter is going to McPherson Collage, but sadly she is not in the restoration program. ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

Some of you may recall Jay's post:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/196810.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

that's the one! thanks Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Welcome to the affliction!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

The late 26 and 27 have a brace between the fenders. The older models had a problem with sagging especially when people sat on the fenders or heavy loads were tied on. Sometimes on pickups people would strap boards between the front and rear fender to deliver to a work site, so the braces would help hold things together. Like the others before me have posted, they were either home made or aftermarket.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Roger, your engine number says Tuesday, January 13, 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

Thanks Steve, the title matches the block but who knows a lot can happen in 91 years. at least it wasn't a Monday or a Friday. but I don't think Henry let anyone slack in those days so it probably didn't matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

Nice pickup Roger!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

It has some nice coils in it Mike.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration