"A" Scat trip to early Detroit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: "A" Scat trip to early Detroit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:53 am:

A busy January leads to me hauling some A conversions back to Detroit today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:58 am:

There's a lot of T engine pans that are going to need a lot of work!!!!! Joe's photo is just the beginning of the story. Lots of stuff to do before those engines will be ready to run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 11:40 am:

One takes me a couple of months, five would take me years......
I think some have the 1 1/2 inch Scat crank, which makes a very solid T engine. Most of the long distance cars in the Southern Cal club use either the A crank or more recently the 1 1/2 Scat crank and they very rarely have engine problems. So far I have only installed the 1 1/4 inch Scat, even the Red Head Speedster was a standard Scat. I guess the bigger Scat needs the larger block bearings in the pictures above, and the two bolts just clear the crank, but it is close. Enough ramblings.....

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on January 17, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Joe, Joe, Joe! When are ya gonna retire and start relaxing???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Wow is that a real open valve that has been converted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Well excuse me 2 open valves, yow sir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Royce said it. Straighten six pans last week myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

Mike,I think I recognize my pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Looks like 4 open valve engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

Double exposure. I only see 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

After seeing the B crank in a T block I know now where Scat got their I deals for the crank they make. One block has the Bu Mac crank, I hear they are not a good life span on them? It was fun figuring out a few things and as Royce says there is a whole lot more work involved yet. One block has the intakes opened for oval port dual Model A carbs, I thought that look pretty cool!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

It is! Two pics side by side. Lol

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration