Going through boxes can you identify these

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Going through boxes can you identify these
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

Going through boxes at the shop and ran across a few things but do not know what they are have an idea but not for sure as I am into model T parts mostly Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Top two pictures : Horn Parts for hand operated horn.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

like Klaxton?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Not sure. The large one is the "vibrator wheel that hits the diaphragm to make the noise. The small one is part of the ratchet mechanism.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Hi Bob,

I suspect that the gear pieces are for a speedometer swivel, but do not look like the ones in my Stewart unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Bob, the top picture is identical to one I have here in a box that had no tag on the horn. I have saved the pieces in case I ever ran up on another one for parts as mine is pretty rough and that pinion gear is the worst part. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I agree on the horn parts. I have a couple different and the gears look similar to Klaxon or Stewart. I even have a Klaxon style motorcycle horn with similar gears. Bob, are you going to be at Chickasha this year. We sure missed your stuff (and you too :-)) when you did not make it ... Hope you can make it .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

I agree on horn parts too, at least for the big ratchet wheel. The one in my Stewart horn is similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Top pics appear to be klaxon or simular horn gears for non powered horn the bottom I guessing speedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:07 am:

Thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:39 am:

I guess I should be able to understand if a bunch of guys don't recognize large watch parts when they see them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

We are going to have to start Color-Coding the "Bobs" on this forum. <grin> :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration