Chevy guys need referral to Model T Head Makers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chevy guys need referral to Model T Head Makers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Robinson on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Hello Folks,

I also have a 1930 Chevy and found there is a tremendous need for replacement heads.

Who makes heads for model Ts? I need to reach out to some experienced head makers to get more insight on getting some Chevy heads made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Search "model t Z head"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Robinson on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Thanks Bob.

There is a guy in Maine making them.

will reach out to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 01:26 am:

Gerald
I assume you are looking for some one to cast new iron 6 cylinder OHV heads. I trust you have plans to buy something like 25 heads. If that is the case I can probably point you to a top quality highly skilled iron foundry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 03:29 am:

Since Chevys are OHV and OHV heads are much more complicated than the flatheads mostly used on Model T's, you may first talk with someone who makes OHV heads.. Mark Chaffin in California makes repro RAJO OHV heads for Model T's. Here's a thread where he discusses the effort involved (including a contact e-mail) http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/92268.html?1243038489

Chaffin's heads are made of aluminium - cast iron may be better but is a lot of more trouble, so the cost would raise. Kevin Prus makes a high compression flathead for T's in both alu and iron, he may have some advice on cast iron head production? You can find him in this thread: (click on his name to send a personal message) http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/516398.html?1423361658

Here's another thread with more cast iron castings discussed: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/409043.html?1387416461

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Robinson on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

I have a parts dealer interested in a 50 unit order if we can get a price car owners would buy at.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration