Happy Customer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Happy Customer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 04:13 am:

Poured our first set of mainbearings today usuing our recently purchased moulds from Gene French. The out of mould finish was excellent they looked like they were machined inserts. Gene we are very happy with your product. We will try out the line boring gear next week.
Thanks Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 04:58 am:

Doug, can you post some photos of your setup for melting and pouring? A few progress photos would be good. :-) Thanks Andrew

(Message edited by Ab4875 on January 18, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 05:54 am:

Andrew, I will organise some photos over the next week including the line boring process. My Model T mate John Page will be here for an historic festival this weekend & he is the man to put them on the forum. It's not rocket science & with Gene Frenchs quality moulds a lot of the pain is bypassed.
Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 08:55 am:

I, too, poured and line bored my first block using Gene's tooling last week. It's a great set up and worked flawlessly. If you are thinking about getting into babbitt work, I would highly recommend you contact Gene. He is a great guy and very helpful.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration