TT truck rear fenders-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT truck rear fenders-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Kind of neat. Are they car fenders or made for truck, accessory fenders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:08 am:

they are accessory fenders.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 09:59 am:

The rear fender looks older than the rest of the truck. (Note the rusted-out tail.) I wonder if they were car fenders flipped left for right and the running board flange cut off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 10:35 am:

I think they look wide for car fenders. I have a set of TT fenders that look like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Number One, the bed is a homemade or accessory bed. It is not a factory Express Bed.

Number two, factory express beds used a fender that was rounded on one end and straight across on the opposite end. I bought a pair of rear fenders on Ebay that were advertised as being from a TT that were rounded on both ends with T style beading. I, later, found that they were aftermarket or repo fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

This fender came out of a dump in 1978. I believe it to be a period accessory fender. I think one of the fenders was making both running board style and both end rounded style. This one is the same width as a car fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

.....venders was making both...

Sorry

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

I sold a pair of these at Hershey last fall. Unfortunately the guy was going to use them on a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately? As shucks, although I did not purchase your fenders, I have acquired a pair to aid in the restoration of my F.P. Lyons trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:55 am:

That is a fairly early truck. Low radiator, looks to be the earlier engine/spring mount, and clear headlamp lenses. The wishbone appears to be under the axle, but the rear end does appear to have the bead on the inner castings. Probably a 1919 or '20.
That is a nice truck, but at that time, most bodies were after-market built bodies. Some trucks had cheaply built local bodies, and others got very nice bodies, whether locally built or catalog ordered (like Hercules). A few got wrecking yard bodies (shortened runabouts or cutoff tourings, even coupes), some ran for years with little more than fence board boxes over the gasoline tank.
Fenders like those were used by several catalog type builders, and also available to small local builders as a catalog item.
The horn mounted in the doorway like that is not something you see often in original era photos. Although I have seen a dozen or more cars and trucks done like that myself.
Also, Roger K, I feel compelled to point out the front tire white sidewalls again. The rear wheels are solids. Also indicators of an early TT.
Great photo! Thank you Herb, and all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 08:09 am:

Bill, from what the guy that bought them said, he was building a modern trailer to put them on. They were to wide to use on a vintage car type trailer. They could have been used on a heavy commercial type trailer. I really like the trailer you posted, good luck with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

These show my fenders as applied to car and trailer. FWIW.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration