Mr. Earl Pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mr. Earl Pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i got to have one. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

That pump is something else! I wonder who manufactured them and how many were made. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

That doesn't look too hard to make. I just wouldn't be able to keep all the hoses looking that neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Additional information - Grease rack, Gray's garage, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, 1931
University of Southern California. Libraries
http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15799coll170/id/15567

A Pennzoil product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Looks like sometime in the latter half of 1931. Look to be a new slant windshield next to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:00 am:

And a nice Sport Coupe in the right background!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Be a tough one for a blonde to pull up to and use!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:10 am:

I bet it would be love at first sight for this guy.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:46 am:

The two photos remind me of a story:

A space ship carrying 2 alien space men landed in the desert near an old gas station. They climbed out of their space ship and approached the gas pump. One of them drew his ray gun and demanded, "Take us to your leader!" There was no response. The other space man said, "Don't fool with this guy. He's tough!"

The first space man ignored the other and again demanded, "Take us to your leader!" Still no response so the space man used his ray gun. There was a terrible explosion. The two space men landed 100 yards away, badly shaken.

The first space man said, "You were right. How did you know he was so tough?" The second one replied, "Look. Any guy who can wrap it around his feet twice and have enough left to hang in his ear must be tough!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

I see we have some Dr. Who fans amongst us!
OK, to take this thread even farther afield;
A space ship lands at Hallelujah Junction (For those that don't know the are, it's the middle of nowhere where Highway 70 ends, meeting highway 395, about 25 miles north of Reno--the only thing that has been there for decades is a gas station, hence the name.) and it's about midnight.
OK scene set; Two aliens come out and approach the terrified gas jockey. The first says, "We are a very advanced race; we travel the galaxies, we have cured the common cold, we.. ." "JUST ASK THE QUESTION!" says the other.
"UH, yes Captain!" and he turns to the attendant, "Are you the proprietor of this facility"
"Uh uh, ye-e-e-s"
"Good, would you please show us how to fold this map?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Kauper on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

A little more info courtesy of the 1932 Los Angeles City Directory:

Automobile Dealers, Passenger Cars -

Gray Motor Car Co., Inc.
1742 Cahuenga Blvd.

Now a parking lot, just south of the parking lot where Bob Smith VW was.

Martin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Gees! I share a historic lubrication station with the group and you all go spacey. Talk of Whovians, Interstellar highways in Reno, and star maps. How about this plumbing and trips to the space port ---

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

So, I guess T folks are cranky, trying to start something, and a bit spacey?
That is a very neat unit & I don't recall having seen one before, in pictures or in person. I wish I could see more details on the sport coupe. The back window curtain is up, and one can see a little bit of interior detail. I do note the aluminum step plates on the bumper and the fender to get into the rumble seat, and the band lock on the spare tire--I think these were factory, mine still had the base of the lock strap on it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration