OT - 'Headers' from Home Depot

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - 'Headers' from Home Depot
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:50 am:

A friend sent this to me. Another friend stated "Looks good, did you port and polish them?" Told him "All I could do was to 'pass gas' through them...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 05:53 am:

Looks like something from "Moonshiners"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 06:55 am:

Looks like a plumber brought extra parts home from work and made a manifold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:16 am:

Goes to show, Where there's a Will....... there is more then just relatives.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:26 am:

I love the two stud mount and the Teflon tape...too funny!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Looks like a "Pipe Dream" to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

I can see how this would happen. We'be all been there and done that. You take the old header off and go to the big box hardware store. Go up the guy in the apron or vest and say . . " I need one of these"
His/her response is "well, we can get there by doing this . . . "

The next thing you know you're walking out the store with half the plumbing department.

But, it'll work . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Looks like a good place to use; "WTF?" But since I'm not looking for one, I'll just say WTH? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

What the hey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Now that some trade has been reinstated with Cuba maybe they can get the parts they need instead of making them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Here is the intake manifold. Sorry if it is upside down. iPad doesn't know what's up. Or down for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Here is mine but with no pipe threads, note that the throats are turned so as to be more efficient. If they are crosswise the mixture has to turn three times. Now no more secrets ;~)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Nuthin' like Yankee Ingenuity!! Red Green would be proud! (even tho he's Canadian)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Frank,
You need another Stromberg and rotate 90 degrees.
manifold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration