OT - Edison Brown Wax Cylinders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Edison Brown Wax Cylinders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

I'm sure there are some on this forum who also have old phonographs and records. I'm looking for six Edison brown wax cylinders for a project. Scratched or moldy is fine, but no cracks. Or Dictaphone wax cylinders.

Feel free to contact me through mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

try mark frymiller 620-365-6709. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Mark:

Edison brown wax cylinder blanks are being reproduced ( no pun intended ) by a fellow in England..... and original, shaved blanks can be seen on E-Bay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Also by Shawn Borri in Illinois.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Shawn Borri:

http://members.tripod.com/~edison_1/id24.html

Seems to me there were heated discussions regarding correct wax formulas for reproduction cylinders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:31 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-26-EDISON-Gold-Moulded-Records-Wax-Cylinder-With- Boxes-Vintage-/181992648773?hash=item2a5f9b7045:g:fosAAOSwLnlWmSkc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Jerry Van is a phonograph expert - he may be able to direct you as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks Bill. There are a few experts here. I didn't comment because I thought the suggestion of Shawn Borri was already a good one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration