OT - was this Model K shipped to South Africa through Ford Canada in 1907?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - was this Model K shipped to South Africa through Ford Canada in 1907?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

I'm trying to identify countries that Model K may have been shipped to. The Ford Walkerville (Canada) ledger pages help answer some questions, however sometimes create more questions. John Stokes, our Aussie friends, Hap, Trent or any number of forum readers may be able to help with their knowledge of Ford Motor Company export practices, so please throw your theories or info out there.

This portion of a 1907/08 Ford Canada ledger has piqued my interest:

A closeup of the entry in question:

It looks as if on June 14, 1907, the Ford Canada ledger indicates K #295 is shipped to "Arkell & Douglas, M(?) Eliz (maybe Elizabeth?). Could this be "Port Elizabeth, South Africa?"

More background.
I am only able to view this snippet, however it appears Arkell and Douglas of Port Elizabeth SA became Ford representatives in 1905.

John Stokes wrote about Arkell and Douglas in this excerpt of a 2008 forum thread:

Is it possible we've found another country the K was exported to?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration