Model T Options

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Options
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 01:24 am:

Not really options here but I "wired" the ignition key so my Bride would quit losing them.

Also replaced the Ruckstel knob with an old glass door handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 01:41 am:

Wooo, fancy...I don't know though, with so many people out there looking for those blasted crystal door knobs these days (my grandmothers house was full of them, that and push button light switches with mother of pearl inlay), aren't you afraid that somebody might walk off with it sometime? It would be one thing if your car was a closed car, but it's an open car...folks sometimes get the notion to twiddle the knobs and stuff like that when they see something that is more than a bit out of the ordinary. Do people ever honk your bulb horn when you're in a diner or someplace? Probably they do...it's sort of along those lines...but it is very pretty. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 02:25 am:

Love the knob John!!!!
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 03:41 am:

Well done, Liberace would be proud of you. What's next? Gold plating or painting pink?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Now when your bride lifts that big 'ol purse of hers and hangs that wire, the car will go dead because the choke rod was pulled out, and 1/2 of the key will be with the purse somewhere and the other half will be broken off in the ignition switch.

Gotta love those big 'ol purses, though. They have caused more than one Model T to die on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 09:24 am:

My wife has one of those big purses. When she's rummaging around looking for something in it I ask her if she has looked under the piano and behind the refrigerator. I just get a dirty look. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 10:29 am:

My house has those glass door knobs throughout, and I've had to pick them up at swap meets. The old lady that owned this place before me completely remodeled it in the '50s and removed all the original stuff. I don't think she would like it if she saw what I've done, putting it all back that way it was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:06 am:

John,

She HAS one of those purses!

Henry,

I know that look...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Martin,

I don't normally worry about folks stealing stuff. You can't stop a thief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:54 am:

I feel very fortunate, my wife switched to carrying her cell phone in her rear pants pocket. It's case has a rear trap door which holds her driver's license and her credit card. She no longer carries a purse (which I used to call her "suitcase"). She loves this arrangement and says she will never go back to the suitcase!

Our first house was a hundred year old farm style house with some Victorian type accents including those crystal knobs. My daughters were about 3 and 5 at the time and were in dance classes. The woman who was to wear the huge hoop skirt in the annual Nutcracker ballet number, which featured about 16 3-6 year olds coming out from under Mother-Marshmellow's skirt, became ill the day before the big performance. All the other children's mothers had some sort of flimsy reasons they couldn't perform the role...

So I was drafted, I quickly learned the dance. With a couple of T shirts wadded up to fill out the bodice, a wig and makeup I was set to go. I can tell you that little kiddies will grab on to anything they can to keep hidden under that skirt until time for their appearance arrives! Just make certain everyone realized I was Mrs. Mother-Marshmellow I swiped a crystal door knob off of a door on my way to the performance. That Mother had the biggest diamond wedding ring you ever saw for that evening's performance!

Yes, I returned the knob to the door later that night, I may have no pride, but I do have a sense of preservation.

Several years later I purchased my first model T... probably to restore my manliness.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Terry, I think that a picture of you in that outfit & showing off that "biggest diamond ring you ever saw", would really be appreciated here on the Forum, even though it's somewhat OT. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Skookum shifter knob there, John !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Thanks Steve.

I NEED to get out to your new place. Headed to Dave Fairchild's today for a T working party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

I wouldn't dare say anything about my wife's big purse! When she is carrying it she is also carrying!:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration