Ouch!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ouch!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

I have been preparing my roadster for painting, and got my new Rootlieb hood out to paint it too. When wiping it down with degreaser/silicone remover I sliced the back of my finger open when working on the louvres.

10 minutes work with a small triangular file on both sides of the cuts and from each side, and the job was done. It is a pleasure to work on quality reproduction parts like these.

Contrast this with the new hood shelves I had. They are badly formed, extremely rough around the corners and the outside visible edge is two different widths. I primed them and returned them to the shelves. Then I went back to the two originals I had and spent some time on them. Altogether a much better end result.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Had a tetanus shot lately? I realize the concern is mainly with rusty metal cuts, but you can never be too cautious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Allan,
You used the file on your finger cut???!!!
Yes, one does have to be careful with new stuff, and even sometimes the old stuff! And don't get me started on @#!@#!!! reproduction parts that just aren't right. Years ago, someone was making Model A Trunk/Rumble lid latches. They were really good, parts would almost interchange with original latch parts--EXCEPT!! the Latch hook itself! The reproduction hook was stamped piece, the original forged. If you had a hook, you could put it in the repro latch body and all was fine--after you also put in the two authentic & correct D nuts. But other parts; AUGH, it's oftentimes easier to fix an original, if you have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 12:32 am:

RE; You used the file on your finger cut???!!!
I was thinking the same thing. :-)LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Those Aussies are tough!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Allan, I hope your finger is better and does not get infected.

Speaking of "ouch", I recently put an upholstery nail through the newly painted side panel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Oh Robert! OH NO! Ugh. That hurts me so bad for you. I'm sure I don't feel half as sick as you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

That is Australia for you,
Where men are men and sheep are restless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

They say the same thing about (insert any state or place where there are lots of sheep) where the men are men and the sheep are...:-) LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration