1917 Model T driving around in several feet of snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1917 Model T driving around in several feet of snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Leif Eriksson‎Ford Model T Forum Sweden

1917 Model T driving around in several feet of snow. This Model T has an accessory Livingood four-wheel-drive attachment, otherwise it is stock. It is dressed up to look like a WWI vehicle. Jesse Livingood is sometimes credited with inventing 4WD. His first patent was issued in 1912. He started selling conversion units in 1914. There is no evidence that the US government used 4WD T's in WWI,
Like Share January 18, 2015

Thank you Leif Eriksson for sharing this video. I never new about the Livingood four-wheel-drive attachment.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.facebook.com/leif.eriksson.98/videos/10200108985443931/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 09:51 am:

Would one of my Forum Friends with a Facebook password grab this video and put it on this thread? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 09:56 am:

George, have you tried the link that I posted? It works each time I use it. I apologize if it dose not work for you. Other members please let me know if it works or dose not work and I'll try to find a different link.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Same video here...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/606971.html?1453472731

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Thanks Dave and Thank you Jeff, I didn't know that you posted it yesterday. I saw it on Facebook today and thought that it would be good to post on the forum.
Here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHoUKq0sC8

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Looks like a lot of fun. However, hitting the snow at speed like that....Couldn't that damage the radiator? I've never driven in more than 4-6 inches of snow and that is VERY seldom, so maybe I don't have a feel for that, but sure looks like it could bend something. Still, looks like a blast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:15 am:

I'm wondering if when driving through that deep powdery snow if it would get sucked up into the carburetor?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Hi Warren,

With the hot air pipe mounted at the rear of the carburetor there is no possibility of snow being drawn into it.

Have you been out in either of your Ts lately? Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Hello Bill, unfortunately I have not been out with either T so far this year. Hopefully next week I'll have time to check on the '17's Rocky mountain brakes adjustment. The one on the drivers side in dragging. I need to get that fixed before doing any long distance driving. I'm having help from Ken and Paul working on the transmission from the '26. There is a possibility that the accident during the filming of Ben Affleck's newest movie may have caused some alignment problems, at least that is what George King told me is what caused the triple gear bearings to fail when he rebuilt the transmission earlier this mouth.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration