Old Photo - Camping At Yellowstone National Park circa 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Camping At Yellowstone National Park circa 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Camping at Yellowstone... Yes, and they're both wearing ties. Notice the woman is also wearing slacks? Scandalous!!!!!!!

:-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Looks like "plus fours" (knickers in the USA), or breeches, appropriate attire for both men and women when camping (and quite comfortable also!).
Great photo Jay! Car looks almost new. White sidewalls, and the top rear curtain is interesting. It makes me wonder if the car could be Canadian, but those windows were offered as after-market in the USA also, and the front license plate is not the typical Canadian mount.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Roughing it with a buttoned up collar and tie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:30 am:

It's indeed a Canadian T since it had the typical Canadian windshield with an opening lower pane. Accessory Peerless radiator shroud, I can't really tell whether it's high or low style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:58 am:

AH the joys of camping...When they were at home they cooked on a wood stove and ran out back to the outhouse...Now that their camping they cook on a wood fire and run to the outhouse...the only difference is they have wood wall at home and canvas walls when they camp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Roger, good eye on the Peerless. I think I see the low radiator lower trim strip. All the Peerless radiators I have seen have been the low ones. Have you seen any high ones?
They had much less traffic in those days. Auto travel was in it's 8th year there. Yellowstone and the other Parks are still wonderful places to drive an old car.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Two pictures of my grandfather. One was camping at Lake Arrowhead. The other was build a stone wall at a cabin he built in Big Santa Anita Canyon. He had to hike in 5 miles to the site of the cabin, but he's wearing a tie in both pictures.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Also, no smoking inside the tent.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Yellowstone campgrounds without any bears ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Your thinking of Jellystone park with Yogi and Boo-Boo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

I never saw either of my Grandads in a short sleeve shirt or without sleeves buttoned down and collar buttons done up. KGB

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration