OT: WHERE CAN i find that picture of Henry Ford, Firestone and Edison camping together?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT: WHERE CAN i find that picture of Henry Ford, Firestone and Edison camping together?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

OT: WHERE CAN i find that picture of Henry Ford, Firestone and Edison camping together?

I am putting together a display for car shows this summer. One idea is to have pictures like this one hanging on the display wall.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

EBay has prints you can purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291655816471?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

There are all sorts of large format photos if you search Google images.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

There are many shots of their camping trips on the Henry Ford Museum site in large format.

Here is a link to some of those:

http://blog.thehenryford.org/2012/07/camping-with-henry-ford-and-the-vagabonds/

Even more interesting are the videos. This one shows Firestone, Edison, Burroughs, and Ford "camping" in New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzuVsCfuHRg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Of course, Ford's idea of "camping" was consistent with him being the world's richest man at the time. He had servants doing everything, and chefs cooked all the meals. Tailors equipped the campers with appropriate attire every day. US Presidents were common guests. Here is Warren G Harding, Edison, and Henry in 1920:

Here is a customized 1922 Lincoln refrigeration truck used to carry food for the camping trips:

And Henry in his "vagabond" cowboy outfit:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Robert
In my view the best available compilation of photos of all the Ford camping trips can be found in the book "There to Breath the Beauty" by Norman Brauer 1995 Norman Brauer Publications.
By far the best compilation of (original) photos of these trips are the trip books prepared and printed by Henry Ford and distributed to each member of the trip. These books, when available are privately sold between collectors for huge money.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Thank you!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration