BEST BOOK FOR RESTORATION OF A 1926 ML. T COUPE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: BEST BOOK FOR RESTORATION OF A 1926 ML. T COUPE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

I just purchased a 1926 ml. T Coupe,disassembled 55 years ago.
What would be the best book/manual for correct reassembly?
This T is Green body and black fenders.the inside of doors,interior are black,is this correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 22, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

No one book will cover everything. The two most important are probably the Ford shop manual and the McCalley Model T Encyclopedia. The MTFCA books are good for the various components (Engine, Transmission, Axles, etc.).

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 12:18 am:

Mike, Steve is right. there are no books covering each year and body style of restoration. There is a book available from the vendors in reprint called The Model T Ford Restoration Handbook, originally published back in the sixties, as I remember, by Leslie R. Henry, a former curator at the Henry Ford Museum. In it, he shows in some detail, the restoration of a 26 or 27 coupe. Its certainly not step by step, but it may help you. the current price through Lang's is $39.75 in paperback! Gee, I bought mine back in the sixties and probably didn't pay ten dollars for it. I should still have my copy but it is packed away. I'll see if I can find it and let you know through the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / MN on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:04 am:

Here is the book Terry is referring to......I've had mine since '66, it started my love affair with the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Mike, the manuals and the Model T Ford restoration handbook by Clymer publications will all work together in putting your 26 back together.
I bought one of those over 35 years ago to help me with my T's. ( I have 3).

Great information and something to get started with.

Order all the parts suppliers books that are available also.
These can be used for parts identification
and comparing what you have on your car.

Snyders, Langs, Macs have good parts illustrations. I would definitely get these suppliers catalogs for parts reference.

Good luck and read and study the catalogs and manuals. They will save you time and money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

The green body and black fenders will be correct on a 26-27 car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Miller on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

After taking a 26 completely apart and reassemble many years later, it would seem to be of great help if you become a member of a local club. This would bring a collection of very helpful knowledge. Several books all have proven useful. Good luck.
Nick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration