Pin Striping Colour on a 1910

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pin Striping Colour on a 1910
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Just wondering what you guys did in terms of pin striping colour. My wooden wheels on the Canadian 1910 are red and i'm running black tyres.finding a colour that kind of matches the brass hub cap and valve covers is proving difficult. I'm not sure how black would look.White is okay when running white tyres. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:42 am:

What's the color on the body and its striping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:48 am:

Isn't the striping on '10s supposed to be black? I believe the red wheels would be striped the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Here is my wheel:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Alan, I just finished a 12 Hack but of course it is black. I did the pin stripe on the sheet metal and wheels in a very light cream/tan that looks like what I found in any original areas. It might look good with red, but what do I know??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Beautiful wheel and beautiful car Rod!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Hi Roger, the colour of my body and wheels is the same as Rod's wheel shown. The car doesn't gave any striping on it at currently. Striping the wheels will be the first step and I may go further and do the body. That is why I'm keen to get the wheels correct. Thank you for the replies to date. Much appreciated. Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

I think black striping for both the wheels and the body will be perfect :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

I don't know anything about Model T's. I'm a newbie to the hobby. But I know a thing or two about colors. Uswed to match and mix inks for a living.
The black will look very "formal" and proper.

I think the white or lighter color will make it look like a circus wagon. So it's all about the affect you want to achieve.

IMO

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration