Old Photo - Ray Patch At Your Door General Store

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Ray Patch At Your Door General Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Just like the old Jewel Tea, Watkins, or the Fuller Brush man they all provided home service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Dang, can you imagine driving that thing in modern traffic? You'd need a guy on each running board watching out. Visibility looks to be nil except straight ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Probably can even get live chickens for supper from that cage on the back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Dale,

Why would anyone want a live checked for supper? There'd be a lot of squawking, feathers and chicken poop all over the place. :-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Warning! This thread is expected to become "NOT for the squeamish"!

The world, how we live, really HAS changed a lot in so many ways. In many ways, I would like to go back! A few, thank you, I do prefer what we have now.

All my grandparents, and my great grandparents, raised and slaughtered most of their own. Back in THOSE days, before ready refrigeration, it was the best way to have good fresh meat.
Both of my parents grew up in that environment. My father was raised by his grandparents on a cattle ranch, my mother was one of the younger of a large farming family. After they got married, my dad-to-be worked for awhile for my mom's parents as a part of that large family.
Now, it wasn't something that my dad really liked to do, but had had to do more than a few times before. So, when his new mother-in-law pointed out and asked him to get THAT chicken and prepare it for supper? He wanted to show that he would indeed be a good husband for this one of their daughters, and did as he was told. But not being one that really liked such things, and using an unfamiliar block, he didn't hold the bird quite the right way?
I got told this tale a couple dozen times when I was little. By my mother. By my father. By both my grandparents. By a couple aunts, a couple uncles. Yes, a chicken with its head cut off CAN run around the yard.

I warned you!
Drive carefully, and try to enjoy! W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration