STEERING BRACKET TO FRAME WOOD BLOCK

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: STEERING BRACKET TO FRAME WOOD BLOCK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

1923 Touring:
Does anyone have the sketch/drawing for the wood block that goes between the Steering Bracket and the Wood Frame?
Thank you, Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Here you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Dan;
Thank you, just what I wanted
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Wilcox on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

I'm glad I saw this drawing. I'm currently assembling my 23 Touring and I found the wood block I purchased was much smaller. The critical measurement is the 1.5 width, which is the width of the frame rail. My block is 1/8th narrower which makes it useless to support the steering box. The other dimensions are also off, so I'm going to make one myself from this drawing. If you buy one, I would suggest asking some questions before placing the order. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

I don't think the length or height is critical at all within reasonable limits as long it fits inside the frame, so Michael, you may shim your wood block with a large washer or similar to the right width and use what you've got :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration