Movies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Movies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

For us???
http://www.tvraaca.org/rougeplanti.htm

For others??:
http://www.tvraaca.org/oldmovies.htm#movie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Great! I felt like I had the whole theater to myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Dave - Great post! That very first movie listed, I believe it was called "Down The Gasoline Trail" would be a great one to show a small child who is starting to show some interest in dad's or grandpa's old Model T Ford. That movie, plus a bit of explanation by dad/grandpa could go a long way toward stimulating a small child's curiosity in regard to how an internal combustion engine runs!

Dan Kellicut (sp?) - Your two little grandsons ("the boy" and his little brother) come to mind. Betcha' they'd love that film, and learn a lot from it,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 03:22 pm:

Okay,....one more comment,....that movie on how a differential works is probably the best I've ever seen! I have a young grandson (a bunch of them in fact) but one in particular that seems to like "wheels"! I have a feeling that he'd learn a lot from several of these films on your list Dave,.....thanks again for the post,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:08 am:

Anybody else recognize the voice narrating the first film?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Steve, it sounds like it could be Paul Harvey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UBj4Rbq3ZI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Nope. You're in the right ball park, but off base. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

Sounds like former President Ronald.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Lowell Thomas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Jesse got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

He was before John Cameron Swazey wasn't he?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

My favorite is Alexander Scourby. I remember that Lowell Thomas said for punishment, his father would tell him to stand in the corner of a room and NOT think about a white elephant ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 04:07 am:

I remember watching a program on the TV in the early/mid '50"s titled "Industry On Parade", narrated by Lowell Thomas. It was one of my most favorite programs. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration