NH carb question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NH carb question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

What is the factory tolerance on throttle shaft for the NH carburetor?
th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Are you making the shafts os or standard? I don't know the answer to your question just wondering. Loose enough to turn but not so tight to stick! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Mark, The shafts I made today are standard & ported.
I have several NH's that will need shimming or oversize shafts.
sh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Most carbs need os shafts that's why I asked. It's one of those parts that could stand to be made for wear. The Drive shaft bushings are another one of those. It would be great if the suppliers sold for under sized drive shafts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:29 am:

Dean,
Thank you for the "how to do it" lesson!

Terry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration