What does "widetrack" mean:?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What does "widetrack" mean:?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

This has probably been discussed before but if it did I missed it. I've heard of some Model T cars being referred to as "widetrack" and that they are rare. Always appreciate the good answers given here. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

There is another active thread covering that subject in detail: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/607408.html?1453595104

In short; Track is the width between the tires. Standard Model T's had 56" thread width while there were special ordered Fords sold between 1908-16 with a 60" track width for areas in the southeastern US states where cotton wagon ruts in the roads were 60" wide

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Thanks Roger for the good answer---didn't know all that. If I had been paying attention earlier I would have seen the other thread on the "60 inch widetrack". Thanks, it's a good day when you learn something new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Pontiac made their big body cars "wide track" starting in 1959 Don't remember the
spec's, but they were dramatically wider tracking than 58-and-earlier Pontiacs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration