Touring in January

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Touring in January
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:44 am:

The TV this evening was full of the snow back East, I felt bad as we have been out on our first tour of the year. About eight Model Ts, a trouble truck and a couple of moderns, drove from Escondido up to Valley Center and visited an antique sore, a museum and a rib restaurant for lunch. In all about forty miles with one BIG hill up to Lake Worford. Good day out.
Drivers meeting

Parking at Antique store

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Well.....I know we had a good "Touring in December" thread but, this month, I'm going to have to opt out. Glad to hear you guys in California are having fun though. At least we have some fresh pictures to look at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

After reading the 1st post and having put on a number of brass car tours, it never occurred to me to include an "Antique Sore" as an destination.

Please tell me how you located this place of interest and I will try and include one on my next tour.

just askin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

mmmm...wonder if that was a result of the rib dinner?? (Antique sore)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Maybe the BIG hill?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

I guess an antique sore is little a boat, a money pit.....
Sometimes I hate the help I get from the iPad....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

An "Antique Sore" is what you get when you drive a TT C cab all day!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 01:26 am:

David, if you drive a TT C cab all day and your ears start ringing do you have Tin-nitis?

I occasionally have to put up with tinnitis, usually a high pitch tone which interestingly is a pitch I usually cannot hear. One night I had a sudden very loud blasting Diesel Truck triple horn sound which kept me up all night. I sort of wish it was a TT C cab engine noise... that would easily have lulled me to sleep!

For David I bet a steam boat whistle or four tone train whistle would be his lullaby!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Terry,
Yes, you know me well. My tinnitus is like a constant hum, right now, with only me here and only the clocks ticking and the birds chirping, it is resounding in my head. Fortunately I haven't noticed it interfering with my piano tuning. I think I hear it more when I start thinking about it!
Your diesel truck horn experience scares me! I hope I don't get that & I hope you don't have it again either!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration