Is this a sidetrack? 1912 T on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Is this a sidetrack? 1912 T on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:06 am:

Since we are on a roll with the subject of the widetrack T's I came across this 1912 on eBay (no affiliation to the seller) but isn't this a widetrack?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/181999578104?nav=SEARCH
Besides that... Nice early T
Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:08 am:

Sorry for "sidetrack" autocorrect changed widetrack and I didn't notice before I posted... Arggg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:21 am:

I'm not sure if it's a wide track or not. This is NOT a 1911 car. The engine is a 1919 with a generator. Look close at the new paint job. It was painted with a brush! I don't know his reserve price, but in MHO it's over priced right now.

FYI, I have a 1910 Tourabout wide track which you can see in my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Well, Rod - technically original 1911 Fords were painted with a brush too, though carefully done so the strokes couldn't be seen.
Looks like a mix of parts that would be fun to drive around if you aren't into shows. 1913-14 rear axle, tapered springs and over the axle front wishbone makes it look a little older than the regular 20's chassis often used for repro brass car restos. Only thing I would worry about redoing would be the upholstery - too far from the original diamond tufted pattern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Lot of fun T, but really no 1911.. the body is all wood, that is why the paint job looks rough, the wood wasn't sealed or primed and sanded smooth like the '09-'10 bodies were by the factory. Should be sheet metal covered body with wood frame.

Much later frame, can see the extra frame holes on the rail. Later motor as stated.

But rather crude body, those gate hinges on the mother in law seat base are ugly! And the paint job, black and bright blue...oh well... it is a running Model T after all :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:25 am:

13-14 rear axle too. Not much "1911" on that one.

Already bid WAY too high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:06 am:

For sure not a wide track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:53 am:

I wonder if the seat is correct? It appears to be one of the reproduction buggy seats made from fiberglass. These are available from the Amish buggy suppliers.

Just askin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

I'm looking for a 1912 Torpedo or/and a 1920 +/- Martin Perry "Country Club" station wagon. Either could be wearing Buffalo wire wheels. Both belonged to Allen "Bud" Williams of Painted Post NY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

It is a buggy seat.

The listing mentions Minnesota.

In July, 2013, I corresponded with a fellow who was trying to sell a "1914" Model T on Minneapolis Craigslist. It had homemade body with a buggy seat, flat fenders, brass radiator and lights, early brass horn and a 1914 rear end but a much later motor. He said it had belonged to his great grandfather.

I wonder if that is the same car, now "restored."

Also, there is a antique car dealership in southern Minnesota that gets some pretty oddball Model Ts in their inventory. They also buy cars off Craigslist and then flip them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Am I correct in thinking the hood is also incorrect?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 04:53 am:

John, it's probably a repro hood for 1915/16 Fords, since it has louvers. Earlier T's didn't have them, but when the horn moved in under the hood for 1915, louvers were needed for anything to be heard outside the engine compartment (still many cars were accessorised with Klaxons..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 05:43 am:

John, Hood matches the front fenders, also 15/16.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration