OT photo test

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT photo test
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:11 am:

I miss summer so darn much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:23 am:

I hear Minnesota has summer from July 27 to August 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:10 am:

30degrees is t shirt weather I've been told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:27 am:

Mike, it doesn't look OT to me, I see a couple of nice T's in that picture! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:53 am:

Steve, are you trying to tell us they increased the length of summer again. Darn, global warming! It's all Al Gores fault!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Steve - Knew a Swedish fellow from Minnesota when I was still working that summed it up by saying that Minnesota has 9 months of winter, and 3 months of darned tough sledding!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Well if 30 degrees is "T" shirt weather then grab your "T" shirt and come on down, but hurry it will probably be back up to 65 tomorrow :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

I think it feels like summer today, it's 35 degrees. That is 50 degrees warmer than a week ago !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Hi Mike, Very nice looking 26 2dr. I wish I could see the writing on the doors. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Sorry Bob! Will this help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Sorta off-topic, but my '27 Touring came with the lettering Nonnamessett Point (all caps) in gold leaf on the front doors. I have been told that it lived on one of the Elizabeth Islands between the mainland and Cape Cod. Nonnamessset Island is owned by the Forbes family. I bought it from an estate, so I can't talk with the previous owner. Does anyone know anything about this car? Sorry, no photos. I'm in Florida and my stock of photos are in Massachusetts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

When I bought the car from Bob I had every intention of doing a restoration on it. Since then I've rebuilt the running gear (everything but the front end). But it's become a kind of a popular thing around here as it is. So I'm going to try to keep it as close to it was when it was painted in the early sixties. Lettering and all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mahlon hawker on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

When I was assigned to a NASA Minitrack station in Grand Forks, ND. back in 1963-64 the temp was commonly -20, -25*. When the thaw came and the temps were in the low 30's a shift engineer and I took his Dart Cart out to the local cart track and raced in our long sleeved shirts! It felt pleasantly warm! Amazing how the body acclimates itself.

Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Somebody's waiting patiently for a ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

He got his ride. It was getting him out that was a handful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dan doughty on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Mike, I drove that car a few times when the rec hall in Arkansaw had it. My aunt & uncle used it for their 50th wedding anniversary transportation and I was their chauffeur.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Dan, that is without a doubt the most interesting thing I've heard in awhile. When I first bought the car from Bob, I learned the people that owned the Rec Hall were Donald and Bonnie Erickson. Then I found out their daughter and her husband are Jack and Donna Hartung and they live in Grand Rapids MN.

Grand Rapids is my home town. I get up there often during the summer because I've got my camper setup at my brothers house. So I brought the car up there last summer and had every intention of contacting them but ended up getting involved with fishing and napping and fishing and boating and napping and fishing and didn't contact them. Did I mention I took a nap in the boat while I was fishing?

The old car is still pretty much a rattle trap but I've done a lot of work on the running gear and I enjoy driving it. This next summer, assuming I don't get busy doing something else, I'll rebuild the front end and I need to check the U-joint. Though I rebuilt the rearend with the help of a very competent mechanic (Andy Loso) I think we should have paid more attention to the U-joint and the driveshaft.

That all hinges on any time I can get away from going North and fish...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration