Brrrrr, 38 degrees in sunny Florida

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brrrrr, 38 degrees in sunny Florida
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:00 am:

Woke up to 38 degrees at 0530hrs this morning. Darn cold for this area. I heard northern Florida even seen some snow in the air. But, it looks like we will be back up to the high 60's next week sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:04 am:

I had just moved from MO to West Palm Beach, FL in 1978 and was there that winter when they got their one and only recorded snowfall. It stuck to the cars for a couple of hours, then was gone. It was entertaining to see the reaction of the locals who had never seen snow before! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:05 am:

Will, I can't imagine that kind of cold in Florida. I believe I saw the temp is going to be as high as 30 degrees here today. It'll feel like a tropical holiday for us. But trust me, we'll still bundle up. Try to stay warm. What's the latest on your grandson?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:36 am:

Right now nobody in Florida is bragging about their weather. But that'll change soon.
Will, how's your grandson? We keep praying for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:14 am:

At least it will be decent in Florida in a few days. My dad says he saw it snow in ft Myers fl in the early 50s but he is near 80 now. Hey but tells cool stories about his grandfathers 24 model T and their rides in it. It was his grandfathers daily transportation up until he got sick and passed. Years later his daughter sold the car for scrap for $30. My dad always wanted to buy that car but it wasn't to be.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:12 am:

It was 29 degrees over here by the Gulf this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

in Jacksonville this morning when I came to work the ground floor thermometer read 25.6 degrees 7th floor was 27.9 degrees and the 36th floor was 23.1 degrees. Take your pick at least the wind wasn't blowing this morning like it was yesterday! :-)
In Florida we have winter well trained...It comes 2 maybe 3 times a year stays 3 or 4 days at a time then leaves before it wears out it's welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Its like 39 now and no wind hardly. Will get out there now and finish stripping some wood 26 wheels. Heat wave. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Funny how every year about this time, it starts feeling "balmy" as temps get
a little above freezing during the day. We get a month of 0-to-20 degrees and
by golly, when 30 happens, it feels downright warm !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Yes. 30 in the Fall feels different than 30 in the Spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

I'll be in Orlando later this week, I guess renting a convertible may not have been a bright plan then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

41 in Cape Coral this AM. Snow flurries in Gainsville. Low 60's here this afternoon. 70 tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:20 am:

Our Florida "snow storm" was January 19, 1977. Our daughter was in first grade and did NOT get a snow day. After all these years she's still a little mad about it. :-)

On that day Havana and Nassau even got snow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration