Help with Model T ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help with Model T ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Happ on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Hey all, I have a picture here of my grandmother in front of a car that I believe to be a Model T. Perhaps a '26 or '27 Runabout? My grandpa thinks she was in her late teens at the time so the photo may have taken in the mid to late twenties. What I assume to be "wind-wings", drivers side post lamp, and fuel neck in the cowl are throwing me for a loop. my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:39 am:

No T, but looks a lot like a 26/27. I'd guess a c:a 1925 Chevy roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Dodge Brothers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Agree with Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Note curved windshield bottom and shape of radiator shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Not a Dodge.

That car is smaller than a Dodge.

I don't think any Dodge had four lug demountable rims.

Profile of the trunk does not resemble a Dodge. Radiator shell does not resemble a Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Chevy.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:12 am:

OK. Not Dodge. Not Ford. Not Chevrolet. Time for somebody who has the time to start searching Google images. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Happ on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:18 am:

WOW! Thanks for the responses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Looks like a 1923 or 1924 Chevrolet Superior to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Looks like a "Bow Tie" On Radiator and the Hub Caps look like Chevrolet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Lots of similar features here....

http://www.autolife.umd.umich.edu/Design/Gartman/D_Casestudy/1923_Chevrolet.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

From those pictures not Chevrolet either. No filler neck on side of cowl, no chrome radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

I believe that is a sidelight/parking light but is is cockeyed. Not a filler.

Chevrolets had painted radiator shells or polished aluminum radiator shells.

Being a black and white photograph, in my opinion it is hard to tell if it is a painted shell, polished aluminum or, if it is not a Chevrolet, nickel plated.

For now, I'm sticking with 1923 or 1924 Chevrolet Superior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

It's not a filler neck on the side of the cowl - it's an electric sidelight.

Looking at 23-24-25 Chevies I'm modifying my initial guess from '25 to '24. There are '24:s with the same radiator shroud shape in alu or nickle finish.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-elgRxgdPbEM/U6tM1dQBpJI/AAAAAAAARNo/fLpQPZz-BXo/s1600-h/IM G_4728-1923-1924-Chevrolet-Superio.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Star?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Happ on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Thanks for all the help! This looks like the one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR-3EKsAAL4 ...1925 Chevy Roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

The difference I see is the dip in the radiator shell. The one in the B&W photo has none. Some of the Models shown do have a dip. Capitol? Superior? I don't know Chevies. The one in Roger's link doesn't.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

1923-24 has no dip in the radiator shell.

1925 has the dip.

I may have misspoke when I said that Chevrolets had polished aluminum shells. Maybe that was only for 1925 forward. The 1923-24 may have been nickel over steel if they weren't painted.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration