Update on my Grandson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Update on my Grandson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Two days ago they removed and closed the trak. Other than the O2 tube in his nose he is completely breathing on his own. The doc's are getting him to stand up on his legs and walk just a couple of steps to build up his strength. The doc's also removed the feeding tube that went to his large intestine and are putting food straight to his stomach. They are trying to give him some light food by mouth but he has been throwing that back up for some reason. Maybe because they cut back on his anti nausea meds. One of the side effects of chemo is nausea. There is still no change in the tumor itself, But it has not grown any larger either. The chemo is keeping it in check. He still needs three more rounds of chemotherapy before they can consider surgery to remove the kidney that the tumor is attached to. They are still talking about letting him go home in a couple of months but time will tell. This morning we talked over Skype and he seems to be in good spirits as he was sitting in his chair. His neck is sore because of the closing but other than that he seems happy. He loves it when I can show him my chickens running around. Im looking very forward to the day that I can bring him here in Florida so we can play again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:54 am:

God is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:21 am:

No truer words spoken John. Will, this is certainly encouraging news. I had a grandmother who had a kidney removed and she lived a full normal life running on just one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Here is a short vid of James learning how to get a drink at the park. We were playing with the bucket and water and he wanted a drink. this was taken last summer.I find it amazing how fast things can change in life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOG5eO5-7uk&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

I really don't think it can get any cuter! God bless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

That is encouraging news!
Linda asks me almost every day if there is news about him, and sometimes looks here even before I do! Thank you, Will C, for the update.
We send wishes and prayers his way (and yours) every day.
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Glad to hear the good news!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 04:38 am:

Will, great news! We hope all will be well. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 07:53 am:

I am happy for all of you! Give God the glory!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Thank you Will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Will, thank you for reminding us how we need to cherish each day and take full advantage of our daily "ticket" to life.

May James make a full recovery. Blessings to you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Makes my day to hear this encouraging news Will....its been heartbreaking to read this cruel episode had befallen this gutsy little person.
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration