Old Photo - Brass Era - Old Indian Louie, Burns, Oregon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - Old Indian Louie, Burns, Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:10 am:

1913.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:52 am:

I'm sure Louie was thinking about how fast the times were changing. Automobiles, indoor plumbing, electric lights. Even the car has electric lights. What is this world coming to?

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

Forget the technology. I think he was looking at the photographer and thinking, "30 years ago I'd hang your scalp on my belt!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Rich, cool fork mounted electric lights!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Check out the accessory license plate holder mounted to the radiator neck !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

The 1913 T was parked across the street from the IOOF building at 345 N. Broadway in Burns.

They have rolled up the wood plank sidewalks since Old Louie left.

Neat photo. No bead on the turtle.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Notice the radius on the top. A lot of '13 roadster tops are lacking on this detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Jay,
Great photo once again, but I wonder why these photos were taken.
I did a bit of snooping and found an obit for Lloyd Lawrence Louie 1936-2013, Burns Oregon.

http://burnstimesherald.info/2013/11/06/lloyd-lawrence-louie-1936-2013/

That looks a bit too late so I kept going and found the obit for his father Jimmie Louie 1896-1961

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=58451567

Seems as though the man in the photo was a Piute Chief which would explain why someone wanted to capture his photo for history's sake, the great looking T was just in the right place at the right time.
Thanks again,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Kevin,

I'd even go back another generation to Jimmie's father.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=138348218

Kyle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert D. Hyden on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Jay: The great Floyd Climer referred to a well known American Indian who lived in the early Model T years by the name of Louis Papa. He referred to him as "...the beloved Indian of the Rockies." I wonder if this is the same man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Kyle,
I believe you are right, that would put the age about correct if the T was relatively new,
Thanks again,
Kevin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration