'22 Roadster Pickup Truck Bed Ideas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '22 Roadster Pickup Truck Bed Ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

I am going to build a truck bed for my 1922 Roadster and am just seeking some ideas/pictures from those of you who have done this. I don't want to use the vendor kit because I want the bed to be longer (and hopefully wider) than what those offer. I also would love to: 1) see some different ways of dealing with the rear fender brackets, 2) see different ways of creating a "hatch" so I can still get to the battery, and 3) see options for mounting the spare tire and lights under the new bed. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do but appreciate any info and ideas in case there is something I'm not taking into consideration (which is likely). Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

Watch the length the first one I made I thought 5'10" would be O.K. waaayyy too long!

This was before I shortened it by 14" but I decided to get to the battery by making it a dump bed Mark Strange made his a dump bed too :-) Aren't Ideas fun?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

One way to provide access to the battery is to build a tilt bed - I can't take credit for mine, it came to me that way from the shop that did the restoration for the previous owner. The rear fender brackets attach to some fabricated brackets that bolt to the 4x4s on top of the frame rails, allowing the bed to tilt without disturbing the rear fenders. :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

made our own , irons and all , this was supposed to be the prototype , but we left it on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

That is great idea and cool looking.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I'm off to find some hardware.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration