Zenith carbruretor but looks to small for Model A any ideas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Zenith carbruretor but looks to small for Model A any ideas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Sunday at work again cleaning off some shelves and found this Zenith carburetor but looks to small for Model A any ideas what it fits, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Robert,

If no one recognizes it based on the shape of the carb, it might help if you give the distance between the bolt hole centers and the diameter of the bore, it will help folks know the size of the carb.

If you have normal size hands for a man the carb is clearly smaller than the Model A (not to mention it is shaped differently).

You can also see that it appears to be set up to use a cable rather than a rod for the throttle.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

Thank you
center to center 2 3/8"
throat size 1"
overall length 5 7/8"
looks like 5/16" threaded holes on flange to mount carb. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Also say B14 Might be Allis Chambers tractor ?
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Boy, that Mr. Google knows a lot.

I put "B14 Zenith" in the search box, and he filled in "carburetor" and this was one of several choices...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ZENITH-B14-CARBURETOR-Antique-Tractor-Continenta l-Engine-/301518212929?nma=true&si=lDebghmWkhiJC3CZEZP1sT4%252BpGI%253D&orig_cvi p=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I picked this one because it shows pictures - even though the carb is sold.
Other "hits" seemed to imply it is for a Continental Engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Bob, I have several restored model A s an that's not correct for 28 to 31 as best I know. There are alot of variation of brass shafts and pot metal throttIe shaft. As well the bowl isnt looking correct either. a models say zenith 1-2-3 0n them.So looks like a equipment carb like tractors, or maybe a replacement for some other old motor. Pretty sure a models is out! I bet someone one here knows for sure...Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

thank you gives me some kind of ideas I also did google search and found lots close to this one, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Kudos to you Bob, for trying to identify what you have before you list it on Ebay!

I get a chuckle out of those listings that show a fuzzy picture of a part with a dubious description that it might fit every antique car name that the seller can think of. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Wisconsin engines had a carb like this, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

It's not exact but really close what fits a Ford 8 or 9 tractor, might work. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 01:42 am:

9N Fords use a Schebler TSX 33; 8N's a Schebler TSX 214.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration