16 Runabout rear deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 16 Runabout rear deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

I am up to my elbows in the restoration of an early 16 runabout and need information on the sheet metal on the rear deck. Lang's told me their supplier of the side trim is unreliable as far as when they get around to making up parts ordered. So I figure it is just as easy to make my own. The 16 does not appear to have a bead, just sharp bends top, bottom and corners.
So, my question is, how does the deck planking for? The plans I have show a rabbit for the floor boards, but not the deck. Does the decking then extend to the outside edge of the frame or the outside edge of the side trim piece? Does the trim metal cover all of this and the deck sheet metal then go over everything, or does it too go under the side trim.
Explanations and diagrams would be appreciated, I do better with a visual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Dale:

This thread may be helpful

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/598711.html?1451618008

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Eric: Thanks for the link. Still need to know how the parts under the tin go together. The land I am using does. Not show this detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Sorry, the plans I am using...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

dale. there is a 3/4" x 4" board that that fastens to the outside of the main sill that gives you the rabbit for floor boards to sit in the deck is covered with tin. Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Thank you, Charley. That was what I needed to know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration