Depot Hack, my easy access to grease cups & fuel shutoff

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Depot Hack, my easy access to grease cups & fuel shutoff
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

My recently purchased 23 Depot Hack had a plywood floor that made this easier. My other two T's have the fuel lever under the bonnet and I soon got sick of crawling underneath this one to isolate the fuel so I made some mods. The old sediment bowl was seeping & causing some problems so I removed that and put aside.
I retained the previous owners idea of a larger fuel line and added my own spin using a glass fuel bowl and modern tap. Then I realized I could reach the tap from inside so I cut a hole in the floor ply (before I fitted thick rubber matting) to enable fuel shut off plus very easy access to the two grease caps without removing mats & flooring.
Its a quick, easy and clean process now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:28 am:

I have my shut off in about the same place. I just pick up the floor board and reach under. I put a finger hole on the passenger side floor board and leave it up to remind me to turn the fuel back on. I like your lever/ball type, mine is a turn type. Turn and turn some more to shut it off.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration