Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I just sent off my money for my spot today. I almost forgot all about it, thanks to a friend reminding me. I hope the weather is better this year than it was last last year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

You never know about Chickasha weather. Come prepared for anything. good or bad :-) A friend of mine used to live in Chickasha as a boy. His parents were also raised there. His mom always said Chickasha had two seasons. "Dust" and "Mud" and you could have either "Hot Dust" or "Frozen Mud" all in the same day... I myself have been to Chickasha on a very nice beautiful day with sun and no jackets, just a light shirt, then the next morning as I was leaving town, it was full blizzard conditions. and just barely made it back to Arkansas with everything on the truck and trailer frozen into a solid chunk of ice. They were closing the roads just behind me ... and as they say "That is the truth" Hope to see you there.... Donnie Brown ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Has anybody heard back about their reserved spaces yet? I know we're still quite a ways out. So, I'm not worried yet. I'm hoping to get the same spot that I had last year, but I haven't seen anything in the mail yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Eric, To the best of my febal memory, The Erslands send out the stickers in February. They will probably include a note then about any special changes due to the construction. Susie said they wait till then so they have most all the details worked out by then... Come by SL 12-13-14 in the south building. Im usually there in the evening ... Hope to see everyone there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

I am going I have never been but it is 970 miles from Ringgold Georgia. I hope it's all I hear. Lots of A and T parts. It will be worth the drive, we have swap meets here of course but not many that I have seen or been to have hardly any A model and hardly ever a T part. If you do find anything it's rusted beyond repair. So yeah I have to try it. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Tony Wilshire has two inside spaces to sell,if anyone needs them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Tim, there are also a couple of other meets you might like, both closer to you. There's the Mid Atlantic Prewar Swap Meet in May in Luray VA, and Hershey in October. I've been to Chickasha and Hershey, and enjoy them both (and always bring home good stuff). I haven't been to Luray yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

So, with a little embarrassment, I must report that I did get my receipt for my swap space......back in November. This evening, when I mentioned to my wife that I was hoping to get the same space as last year, she said "Why don't you look on the postcard that they sent you. I put it on your desk for you." After performing a brief archeological dig, I found the postcard under an impressive stack of mundane antique car information that I'd printed off in the last couple of months. It turns out that I will in fact, be in space FH 06, just as I wanted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:20 am:

Eric, I was about to write that I Sue sent me a postcard with my place number - NK3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Folks interested in learning more about the Electronically Cranked Coil Tester (ECCT) can check it out at Chickasha this year.

Stop by FM6-FM7 to see it up close and in portable battery operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

I will be in FB23 and FB24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Derek, if you get up to Ely...I will test your coils on my ECCT. I have it with me in Florida on vacation right now...finding it hard to find T owners around Tallahassee????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Will be there @ spaces FH 18,19,20 outdoors on the West side too. T parts large and small.
According to Weather Channel, nice days Wed Thur and Fri, bit of light rain evening of Thursday. Not shabby, temps for those days, 74, 69 and 65, winds 13 on Wed. to 15 on Thursday....sunny, but windy means tarps fly, and dust in the eyes :-(

The plan is reversed from last years, will be arriving Wed and staging on the railroad track side, and buying and selling while staging too :-)

The rush to the inside when the gates open on Wed 4pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Dan, looks like it may be pretty nice this year, but I'll still go prepared for anything. :-) Se ya'll there...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration