OCF

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OCF
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

We have our room reserved for our first OCF. The question I had was the tickets for the Greenfield Village and the Museum. Is it wise to wait until closer to the date to purchase those tickets or do they sell out? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Doug
You can always purchase tickets to the
Village and Museum. They never sell out.

Also, if you are bringing a car to the OCF, your registration admits you to both venues.

Lots of other good stuff to see, so plan a couple of extra days. Worth a bus trip from the Museum to take the Rouge Tour. Must see is Piquette Plant which has special hours during the OCF. Elanor Ford Mansion in Grosse Pointe and of course Henry's home, Fairlane, a half mile away from the museum.

If you are driving in from Illinois, you might want to stop at the Gilmore Museum just north of Kalamzoo.

The OCF will take up two full days. The above will extend your trip to 4 or 5 days. Lots to see and do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 07:10 am:

Like Jon says...take your car, you won't regret it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

I agree. Every Model T'er should do the OCF, The Henry Ford, Greenfield Village, and Piquette at least once. The Rouge Tour and other area Ford attractions are very worthwhile also.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

What is OCF?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Will please click on the link posted by Don Booth above.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

Kenneth - I don't see any link, however, "OCF" means "Old Car Festival" Will,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Bud bumped this thread to the top earlier this morning:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/601985.html?1453831941

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Thanks for the info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Doug
One thing I did not mention about the OCF. If you choose to leave your car on the exhibit field overnight (very secure) there is a shuttle bus to take you back to the trailer/parking area...not cool. The fun thing to do is stand by the side of the road and Hitch Hike like we did when we were kids. You will have amazing rides...Stanley Steamers, REO, Curved dash Olds, and maybe if you are lucky a Model T.

I also forgot to mention the night driving Saturday evening with all the auto gas lamps, lanterns and whatever trying to illuminate the path. Another great feature of the OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Jon, you are so right. One year, I got a ride back there in a Model A pickup. The truck was full but, I got my ride while standing on the running board.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration