When one WInfield is not enough

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: When one WInfield is not enough
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 07:53 am:

No info, just a picture from the net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

DO Rajos are extremely rare. I wonder if that is one of the reproduction heads built by Dave Szumowski. There have been some past threads regarding Dave's work and there was a Youtube video on one running on a test stand.

I would love to hear this thing run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

That is Dave Szumowski's car.

He cast the Winfields himself. They are throttle-bodies and have electronic fuel injection hidden inside them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Pictures from the Speedster Rally in Galena IL last June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

A very proud Father. That is the DO that Dave built. He is further ahead with project, the body is made from flat aluminum that he formed with a power hammer that he also built. The frame is Model T heavily modified, radiator shell was also formed from aluminum, as stated by Derek he made patterns for the Windfields and had them cast. The block and rear end are Model T. He has the brakes finished they also are cast aluminum with cast, cast iron inserts. Dave works on this project when time permits, he does have a job teaching Manufactory Engineering. I always enjoy watching Dave work because he never stops having ideas that are challenging, because that is what he enjoys a challenge. The engine sounds awesome when fired up. There is so much about this car it is almost impossible to list what he has accomplished and the number of hours in fabrication alone. Fran and I are very proud of Dave
Wally Szumowski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

Now, that's a speedster! If there's any competition out there, show us what you've got; giving your best shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:33 am:

That's not a speedster, that's a racer!

Walter, could you convince Dave to post a listing of all the work he has done? This is really just incredible workmanship and engineering.

Can you imaging Dave's top end setup bolted to one of Les Schubert's 5 main bearing blocks? Although I would not be surprised to hear that Dave already made his own 5 main block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I'd like to see how this engine would push my TT around. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:57 am:

This is why you need more then one Winfield
Wally Szumowski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

You know, I'm not a big speedster fan but that car's a beaut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

How do you fit that car in and out of that little grey shop door? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Carefully

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration