Not fond of yellow, but maybe.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not fond of yellow, but maybe.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:00 am:

I could make an exception with this one....

http://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/17734/1921-Mercury-Speedster/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:38 am:

I DO like yellow but this one is almost too much. Just me personally but I prefer when the running gear is a different color than the body of the car. The wheels need to be black, something, it's too much of one color. Again, that's just me though. It doesn't help that it looks to be kind of a mustard yellow with ketchup accents.

But I like EVERYTHING else! Rajo head, Winfield carbs, Warford trans, I bet she will scoot in overdrive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 09:04 am:

Doesn't get any better than this. WOWEE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 09:24 am:

That was a reasonable price for a well known and mostly authentic Mercury speedster. You can still get good deals at auctions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 09:26 am:

I'm in your corner Seth. I own a yellow speedster and have had people tell me the yellow works well on it because of the accent colors. And believe me, it don't get any more yellow than "Transport" yellow. It seems to blend well with most precautionary signs and the yellow lines on most highways. But, I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I agree with Seth. The yellow body is fine, but the wheels need to be a contrasting color. Black would be OK, but if it were mine, I think I would try a red on one wheel and see how it looked. If it looked as well as I think it would, I'd do the other three.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Shouldn't this be marked "off topic" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

No Dave, the Mercury speedster was built on a Model T chassis, so it's right on topic :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

For $29K and change, I'd drive it in any color.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration