Accessory muffler outlet.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Accessory muffler outlet.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:32 am:

I obtained what appears to be a O.L. Berg MFG Co. muffler outlet. It has a patent date of Nov. 1912. Is anyone familiar with this, and how was it used? Possibly I am missing the front inlet section which would clarify how it went together and attached to the chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:44 am:

How do you know it's for a Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Jerry, I don't know if it is for a Model T. Was just hoping someone would recognize it and know what it was used on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:17 am:

I have both ends. Here you go James.

I would think the muffler would be period correct on a Horseless Carriage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Next question: How does it mount to the frame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:33 am:

The "buttons" cast into the unit can be drilled and threaded to add hanger straps.
In my photos you can see the drilled out threaded holes on the exhaust end and one hole drilled on the other end

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Jay's example at least looks like a universal replacement muffler to fit many different cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration