9 Volt MAG Light Bulbs Available.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 9 Volt MAG Light Bulbs Available.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Found these on eBay - No connection to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1926-TUNG-SOL-Blue-AUTOMOBILE-HEAD-LIGHT-LAMPS-1 0-in-Box-NOS-car-bulb-/371536538694?hash=item56814dac46:g:hFMAAOSwYHxWJCaC&vxp=m tr

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

The packaging of things in that era is pretty darn fun to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Interesting. I have a box of bulbs like that but the end with the voltage markings was missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

For comparison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

From what I understand 1915 and 1916 were series wired 9 volt bulbs. The bulb was a double contact with single filament. I further believe that the same wiring method continued up to 1918. When the battery and starter was introduced in 1919 the head lamps were wired parallel and the bulbs were double contact and double filament with high and low beam offered. If the package is dated 1926 I would expect the lamps to be 6 volts. Throughout the years there have been a variety of after market wiring methods. Up to 1926 if the car was ordered non electric then perhaps the head light bulbs may still have been 9 volts, and with a battery may have been 6 volts. This may require a comprehensive study.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

David,

Non starter cars through 1926 had series wired headlamps. Battery / starter cars had parallel 6volt bulbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

A box of 10 went for $47 plus $7.50 shipping. Great buy if you have magneto lights...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration