Old pic not T but what type of car is that... pic 1905 NY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old pic not T but what type of car is that... pic 1905 NY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Picture was posted today on Facebook and that car caught my eye...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Maybe a Woods electric? I'll do some checking......

Great pic, thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I believe it's a Columbia electric cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

I changed my mind. Here's what I now think it is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

1904 Woods Brougham. The clearance looks too high. Maybe a hybrid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Great hunting Jerry! Looks an interesting set up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Jerry,
That looks close. The chauffeur seat may be a little lower in the original pic, but hard to tell. I wonder how many of these electric taxi's were made, and how many survive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

Rob,

Yes the seat height is different but everything else is so close.... Hard to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

My favorite 1905 taxi. Not an electric:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Rob,

Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Jerry, just remembered, weren't Elec Veh Co and Columbia one and the same (EVC made Columbia)?

A taxi company in London had ten Model B taxis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

here is the original shot...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Sorry... Here is the full image...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

The Flat Iron Building?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration