Old Photo - Model T Era - Donkey Engine Crew

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Donkey Engine Crew
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

McCormick-Deering 3HP engine that could be started on gasoline, then switched over to kerosene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:56 am:

Bigger than a 3hp i'd say 6 hp ihc engine ,note that head is water cooled 3hp is hot head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Looks to me like the flywheel diameter is about the size of the man's thigh. A 6 horse has flywheels about 3 ft diameter. Also, it's hard to tell if the head is water cooled looking straight on in this picture. I have never seen a dual fuel 6 horse, but use to own a dual fuel 3 horse. You might be right, but I am going to stick with 3 horse. Anyway, looks like they might be winching off the small pulley.

(Message edited by tt bud on January 28, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Are you sure it's not a British engine? Look how many guys it takes to keep it running!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration