Painting a 1926 Roadster---Two Colors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Painting a 1926 Roadster---Two Colors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

I want to paint my '26 Roadster body, hood and turtle deck RED; and the fenders, running boards,aprons, and windshield frame BLACK. I am pretty sure that is what the exterior is suppose to look like as it came from the factory---please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Now to the interior. What would be painted RED and what would be painted BLACK? Also what color for the door jams? I did a search on this for information but did not come up with much.

Any information on this will be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

It is a great color combination. Really draws a crowd but I do not believe it was a factory color. It is your car so do what you want. I think Ford did offer a maroon.
My model A is red and black. Again, not factory correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Great color combination if I say so myself. Pretty car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Early 1926 all open cars were black in US production. Later on the painting process was changed and black was dropped for Gunmetal Blue and Phoenix Brown on the open cars (1927 models began by august 1926) By then the closed cars could be had in any of Fords colors including maroon, so maybe some open cars were painted maroon red too? Noone who were there and could tell us is with us anymore.

The interior like the dash and door jambs was painted body color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Here's a couple o' mine. One is red and the other is more maroon, but I've had people call it red too.

That's not me in the car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration